Why are face toners a good for your skin?
Toners are often seen as a confusing element in the skincare regime. However, they’re extremely effective in restoring moisture and hydration post cleansing. It should be used in between the cleanser and serum/cream step.
Being watery and lightweight in texture it has ability to penetrate deeper into skin with hydration, it acts as primer for your skincare products that opens the moisture path and enables followed skincare products actives to penetrate faster.
Benefits of using a toner
Toners helps to sooth down inflamed skin, de-puffs and visibly reduces the appearance of pores, and keeps your skin refreshed and hydrated.
Adding the best toner for face to your everyday routine can often be the key to a radiant complexion and can prevent/elevate temporary redness or discomfort.
Many toners include additional hydrating (Humectants) and calming ingredients to bind the water to your skin for longer-lasting results and they help forming an additional protective layer for the skin. This helps to reduce the risk of environmental pollutants harming your skin.
Who should be using a toner?
Absolutely everyone! As incorporating and applying toner can be key to well-balanced skin!
Toners can be helpful and necessary for people with oily or acne-prone skin,
And can also offer additional benefits if you have a specific skin concern to target
How to use a toner?
Here are some amazing application tips for the toner that can do wonder to your skin,
- To aid in hydration and plum effect pour adequate amount of toner into palm and tap it directly onto skin.
- dispense toner onto a cotton pad and gently swipe it around face, working outwards
- Try the "7 Skin Method", If you want to get really extra with hydration, The ultra-hydrating trend, it involves applying toner in small amounts in seven layers. The "7 Skin Method" is so popular that with hydrating toners
How to choose the right toner for your skin?
Just like how you choose a moisturizer that suits your skin type, you would select the best toner for face according to your skin need and concerns, be it oil, wrinkles, dark spots, or even dryness,"
- If you’ve large pores concern - you can look for toner that contains ingredient such as AHA (alpha hydroxy acids like glycolic acid) or Sulphur, these ingredients are great to remove dead cells that accumulates around the pores making them look prominent." Try Innisfree Jeju volcanic pore toner that refines and retexturized your skin”
- If you have sensitive skin... look for a toner with "skin-calming " ingredients such as centhela asiatica, Aloe or green tea “that provides relief and deep hydration for sensitive skin types," Try Innisfree green tea seed skin, Bija cica skin or Aloe revital skin which are best to calm down redness and irritation.
- If you have acne-prone or oily skin using salicylic acid-based toner. Or choose one with Anti-bacterial or Inflammation properties That will sweep away excess oil without drying out your skin," Try Innisfree Bija trouble toner which is been formulated with BHA and Bija to control the excess sebum production.
- If you have dull skin.... "Toners with Niacinemide, Vita-c or lactic acid are great to target the dull skin concern in result you skin can have more plump, dewy and bright skin complexion, you can try Innisfree brightening pore toner or Cherry blossom skin both toner helps you to achieve clear luminous skin.
- If you have dry skin... look for toner which contains hyaluronic acid, amino acids will deeply hydrate and nourish the skin,” Innisfree pomegranate revitalizing toner is loaded with the goodness of pomegranate Juice and seed oil that intensively revitalized and feeds your skin with moisture and hydration
- If you have mature skin... seek out toners with antioxidants and hydrating ingredients, Specific hydrating ingredients include glycerine, hyaluronic acid and adenosine Innisfree black tea youth enhancing skin is supercharge complex of antioxidant and anti-aging ingredient that helps to fight with external aggressors and free-radical attack
Takeaway: Depending on your skin type and concern, you can use a toner twice a day. After using a toner, you will notice your skin looking fresh and smooth. Your pores will appear visibly reduced after using a toner religiously for 2-3 weeks.